Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2015

U.P. Town Center: Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen

Mama Lou's is quiet new, but this is a late post. I know, I'm sorry. 



My love for Italian Food is irreplaceable, that's why I really appreciate this place. Inside out the place really looks like an Italian restaurant, that you will never miss. 


I always find Italian restaurant very homey and cozy. 

This dinner is my bestfriend's farewell treat for me (he is moving to Canada). 

Before I start with the food we ordered, 
I would like to give credit Mama Lou's for being generous. 

They have a complimentary bread with Red Sauce ( tomato and at same time taste like sardines) and Green Sauce (pesto base sauce) while waiting for your orders to be serve.


We ordered the following:

Our favorite! Mozzarella Sticks. 
Come on! Who doesn't love cheese?!


Mozzarella Sticks with Pomodoro sauce.
Nothing's special on this one because Mozzarella is Mozzarella same flavors. But, I like the idea that it comes with Pomodoro sauce to balance the flavors.

Next, Penne Pesto al Pollo. 
The name speak for itself pesto in a penne with very tender grilled chicken. We really enjoyed this one becuase it is not much spicy or I'd rather say garlicky. It looks plain and simple but mind you the food is good! 


And lastly! The food that will keep me coming back is Mama Lou's Special Pizza. 


Here are the ingredients as per the menu; tomato, mozzarella, prosciutto, arugula, balsamic cream, and mango.

At first, I can't imagine what will it taste like for these ingredients to be mix inside my mouth. And the mango? I am a little hesitant to order this but my bestfriend insisted it. And I am thankful that I got to try this pizza! It is really special! I cannot explain the flavor of these pizza but it is really amazing how the ingredients compliment with each other, especially the mango. I think the mango nailed this pizza. 

I will definitely go back to Mama Lou's to try other pasta because I am a white sauce girl and also I want to go back for the pizza! 

Since we were in the area we also tried RITAS ICE CREAM! 

  Chocolate Mint 

I just noticed that we are for an Italian Diner that day with Italian ice cream! Their ice cream is to die for! 


Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment