Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Things to do in Bacolod City

So we came here all the way from Iloilo City  ( you may check my blog  Things to do in Iloilo City ) We rode the Ocean Jet Ferry, for regular fare it is Php230 (that's for roundtrip ticket; since we bought roundtrip fare for convinience) for Students and Senior Citizen there's a discount. Here's my tip for you, if you are travelling with a senior citizen always make sure to keep the ID because, senior citizens are really a priority in Iloilo and Bacolod. Also, you must settle a Php30 terminal fee upon entering the waiting/ boarding area, again there is a discount for students and senior citizens. 



Beforehand, I booked the hotel last November 2015 to avoid sky rocket rates  during the month of December and also I don't like booking on a rush. So, the best and affordable hotel that I have in mind was Go Hotels. Upon checking through AGODA I saw that Go Hotels has one of the newest hotel in the city and also it is near a Robinsons mall (well, they have the same owner). I asked my friend who works in Go Hotels, where would be the best booking site (since I am very used to AGODA) and she recommend TRAVELBOOK PH  because she saw that most of their clients booked through travelbook.ph and also she said that trvaelbook.ph has a points system which you can use for your next booking. Isn't amazing?! 



We are too early for our check in time, so we tried to wait up to 2pm but it would be a waste of time. So I've decided that we should start the tour, Luckily there is a cab kiosk situated right there in the lobby. At first, I am a bit hesitant to ask becuase I think it will be pricey. But I took the courage and ask. 



The owner of the Love Cab offered us Php3,500; it includes the tour good for 10 hours, vehicle, gas and the driver. We were a group of 5 so we thought the owner will provide us with an Avanza but we were wrong he provided us with a Hi-Ace (brandnew!). Imagine, we carried our bags in the van because we have enough  space. 


   The black van

1. Savour the fresh Seafoods
We heard that there's a place in Bacolod similar to Dampa, where you will buy fresh seafoods in a wet market beside the restaurant (your choice on how to cook the food). The restaurant we chose was D' New Hyksos Tulahan, with very affordable rates! 


    Look how happy he is! He misses  fresh seafoods!

2. Bacolod City People's House



I don't know if this is the City hall or the Capitol. Offices are close because we went there Sunday. 

3. Mambukal 

Mambukal is known for its 7 waterfalls and hotsprings. We did not try the hotsprings since we are in a hurry to catch the sunset in The Ruins. But! We trekked in all fairness, with my senior citizen dad; unfortunately we only went to 3 waterfalls (1. We are in a hurry and 2. The oldies are already tired).  


    Starting point of the trek. 

There are no fees for trekking the 7 waterfalls, but you need a guide for safety purposes. 

I just want to share this with you. The guides don't receive any salary from the management of Mambukal, they only rely on how much you will give them. According to our guide, once they are finish accompanying the tourists, they will write their name in a notebook for them to be included in the queue again. The queue may take 3-5 days (if it is peak season) or 1 week (if not peak season) before it is his turn again. 

Here are some photos:


    1st falls! 


    2nd falls


    3rd falls (the farthest we can get) 

For more info visit: 
http://mambukalresort.negros-occ.gov.ph/rates.html







4. Campuestohan Highland Resort

Campuestohan for me is the Tagaytay of Negros. I did not expect the air will be cold! At times there will be drizzles. And the result would be......  


   A double rainbow!! 

If you want to try all the attractions such as: Hamster wheel, zipline, sky bicycle, rope course, swimming, and horseback ride you should alot half of your day or wholeday. 


  My crazy cousin tried the Sky Bicycle 

They also have available accomodations.



    Bonita Hut



    Indian Village 


   Entrance to Indian Village 


   We are both scared inside the   hanging bridge (lol!) 




At first I am quite disappointed with our trip because I really wanted to witness the sunset in Ruins. Not that I don't like to see the sunset in Campuestohan ( the sunset there is amazingly beautiful!) but I think it will be more romantic if we witness the sunset in Ruins (cheesy!!!). 


    Exploring the playground




   One of the restrooms


   The Avengers

5. Ruins 


    Amazingly beautiful

So we went to Ruins and we tried chasing the sun before it sets but guess what? It sets right before we arrived but it is okay, because one of the care taker said that there is an event and we cannot enter yet. We can enter when it is 6:00pm. So we waited inside the van for our turn to go inside. 



And yes! Finally!
I am so amazed by the structure of the Ruins! And the lights give more dramatic effect on it! 


    I'm inlove with you Ruins

The In-house tour guide starts the story behind the beautiful mansion. 




    Right after the story telling


    One of my favorite  

After the story telling we still have free time to explore the mansion and its surroundings. 

Here are some photos:


   Playing chess (kuno) 


    Look how crazy this guy is! 


 


    The path leading to unknown 




6. Balay Negrense
Unfortunately when we were in the tour Balay Negrense is closed. But I still include it in your things to do since according to other bloggers, Balay Negrense is full of history. 

So there you go, this sums up my THINGS TO DO IN BACOLOD! 

Please ready my other blogs. 😊  


You might want to check:






1 comment:

  1. I'll duplicate this list and do the same when I land my feet on Bacolod City. It is our oal to buy a house and lot for sale in Bacolod City.

    ReplyDelete