Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

My 26 hours in Naga City plus 4 hours in Legaspi 2.0


This was a business trip, I volunteered to bring important documents to Naga because of the following reasons: 

1. I miss Naga and the food! 
2. I really wanted to see my cousins 
3. I needed some time off from all the stress and hussle of Metro Manila

Last time I was in Naga was 2 years ago, I would never forget that trip because we went there when Pope Francis came in Manila to visit, it was a long long weekend and the most unforgettable moment was there was a storm in Naga, signal number 2 (I think?) the roof of the bus we were riding flew (I mean literally flew!) then there was a land slide and everything was a blur.


My view from my seat on my flight to Naga 


Why is it 26 hours in Naga plus 4 hours in Legaspi? 



As you can see my flight to Naga was on June 3, 2017 12:55nn and arrived in Naga 2:05pm.   
And my flight going back to Manils was June 4, 2017 2;25pm the next day. Almost perfect 24 hours right?

By the time I got in Naga everything was perfect, we have no plans at all, we just want to have fun and bond because I miss them and Naga so much.

What really happened? I arrived in Naga airport 12:30 noon. My cousin kept on teasing me that flights in Naga are always delay, so when the airplane arrived around 2:05pm I texted her that my flight will not be delay. But lucky me! Around 2:30pm they've announce that we will be delay because they need to fix the plane and I was like okay okay no problem as long as we are safe to travel no problem. Then, around 3pm  they announce again that we will be delay but we will be boarding around 4:30pm. Until they announce that our flight was cancelled we can proceed to the check in counter for options. 

We have 3 options: 
1. They have a flight to Manila from Naga tomorrow (June 5 )  
2. They have 8pm flight to Manila from Legaspi
3. Refund your ticket

I chose option 2 to fly from Legaspi they gave us the refund of the terminal fee in Naga airport, a voucher, and the new ticket. After getting my new ticket, we were instructed to wait in the boarding area for the free shuttle to Legaspi. 

We arrived in Legaspi around 7:30pm and thank God they have peovided us free food, I was hungry! Very hungry and also I am thankful that the flight was on time and we arrived in Manila safely.



 

View from my seat on my flight back to Manila


End of the story. But what did I do in Naga in my spare time? 

Here are the list of what I did during my short stay in Naga:

1. Camsur Water sports Complex (CWC)

Click the link for more details about CWC.




2. SM City Naga 

Isn't one of your dream to go to all branches of SM in the Philippines? Like it is all over the country and once you go to different SM it is always like (ooh. I want to make this a goal in life and travelling).

I don't have a photo this time but I have 2 years ago. LOL.


3. Our Lady of Peñafrancia Shrine

This church is just right outside my aunt's house but this is my first time to have a photo inside and outside of the church. I really love the paintings inside specially onto the ceiling. When you get here don't forget to go upstairs and touch INA, pray and make a wish. 




              Left: Outside the church                                 Right: Beautiful interior of the church 



4. The Naga Metropolitan Cathedral: St. John Evangelist

This was my first time here and I really like when they painted the cathedral black. 



 


5. Biggs Diner and Que Pasa

Biggs is a local fast food chain in Bicol, you should try their friend chicken! No need for gravy. Unfortunately we weren't able to try Que Pasa but when I get back in Naga this will be my priority.

I specifically suggest that you should eat in Biggs Diner beside Que Pasa or Que Pasa itself in front of the cathedral. Why? I'll post the photos below. 





















6. DJC Halo Halo

Another one of Bicol's original, if you plan to go to Bicol you should try their halo-halo it is super yummy and at the same time affordable. 

7. Naga City Market

Buy pasalubong in Naga city market, there are a lot to choose from fridge magnet, key chain, different types of Pili nuts, cocoa, tarts, and a lot more.

8. Plaza Rizal

When I was there the Monument of Rizal was under repaint. 

                        


9. Provincial Capitol of Camarines Sur

The provincial capitol office is just right outside the CWC. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment