Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

City of Dreams Manila: Apu Filipino Kitchen

We chose to eat in Apu during our stay in Hyatt (seperate review) and we are not that hungry anymore (nalipasan na kasi). That's my justification for ordering only 2 viands.

Apu is a Filipino cuisine, Pampanga Style.



The menu is on an Ipad!! 




Food

They have a complimentary food which is Pandesal with 3 spreads (liverspread, yam, and butter) to choose from. 



We ordered one of their best-seller the Seafood Kare-Kare which is so good! I like its sweetness it compliments with the seafoods and the Bagoong is not that salty. But! I think it would be better if they already peel off the shrimp shell though in all fairness the shell is slightly peeled off. 



The other viand is my all time favorite Pork Sinigang!! 😍 The sourness is all natural and I don't usually eat the fat part but with this it blends! Aagghhh to die for!! 



We also ordered Mango shake and Dalandan juice. Both delish!!! Natural and fresh! 

Food cost around 180-700 (good for sharing).

Restaurant Cleanliness

I couldn't ask for more. 
Five star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ambiance 

The lighting and the music is good. 
Chairs are comfortable to sit to. And the place is spacious. 

Service 

I will give them 4 stars because: 
- while checking out their menu outside the resto the girl in the front desk is telling us their signature dishes and best sellers. You don't need to ask. 

-they automatically put the plates and utensils in our table, but they miss out one person (me). And they forgot to put a plate right a way. 

-the calamansi juice we ordered wasn't serve so we follow up on it, then suddenly no calamansi juice available and we chose dalandan juice instead. 

- I noticed that City of Dreams have a lot of foreigner guests, that's why it is not unusual to have a foreigner customer in a Filipino resto. So, there is this foreigner who is sitting there and taking a look at the menu very clueless of what he is reading. I don't know if he asked for  waiter/waitress to leave him but I think good customer service starts with introducing or explaining to a customer what is in the menu. That is where the word of mouth starts. 

- the service is quite a little bit slow, but I understand because the flavors are natural and they cook it only once it is ordered. But I think after ordering they should have given a heads up (for example: this kare kare may take 30mins, are you willing to wait?) 

- the refill of the complimentary food (pandesal) is automatic! It is a big check for me (don't need to ask). 

Concept

I like the concept of Apu because it looks like a ancestral house with touch of modern period. 

I also like the plate and bowl because they are made of wood and my favorite part is the place mat very cool a clothe that really looks like a Banana leaf! Lol! 

      Family picture

I will definitely go back here to try other dishes and see if nothing or something has change with the restaurant. 


You might want to check:
- Erwin's Gastrobar City of Dreams
- Hyatt City of Dreams








APU Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment